Thursday, March 21, 2019

Creativity and New Media


Since I'm a graphic design minor, I was required to take an animation course this semester and only because of this requirement I got the chance to explore the world of animation. From my childhood days, I've been a cartoon-addict and being able to create one is something really interesting to me. For my first ever self-portrait animation (embedded above), I used adobe after effects which is available in all mac and windows devices. In earlier days, artists had to hand-draw 24 frames of drawings in order to make 1 second of an animated film. This was, of course, quite time consuming and was only limited to those people who could draw well. However, with the advancement in technology, anyone can now make an animation with or without knowing to draw well. For instance, I'm not good at drawing but yet I was able to create this simple, clear animation by using adobe after effects cc and various vector graphics from online resources.

Also, technology has gone so far that animation is not only being used in cartoons and comic books but also in the medical field. With the ability to make 3D digital designs, doctors and nurses rely fully on medical animations to see the unseen anatomy in our bodies. Imagine if these 3D drawings were done by hand, would it be accurate? would it be visually clear? would it be reliable for our future doctors and nurses? I doubt it. Thanks to digitization for not only bringing out our creativeness but also creating a big impact in the field of biology. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amreen! This is a great animation that you created. We had same class for last semester and I was always impressed by your ability and creativity. I'm really happy for you that you can keep what you like in your childhood and practice the interest in now. I believe the power of creativity and new media will enhance the future communication and life in different ways.

    ReplyDelete