Saturday, April 13, 2019

Wiki So Far

My pieces in the wiki so far have been quite random. I've mostly skimmed through a lot of pages and added my paragraphs where I felt some topics were missing and added relevant references for my works. For example, firstly, on the page New Media in Web Design under website builders, I swapped a paragraph for 'GoDaddy' because the earlier version seemed a bit vague. Secondly, I added a 'Shein' paragraph as one of the e-commerce sites on page Fashion. Along with the paragraph, I added a picture of its logo. Thirdly, on Social Media Acronym's page, I added a paragraph called 'Internet slangs and formal writing'. Fourthly, under Graphics I added a paragraph on 'After Effects' and like the previous one, I added a logo of After Effects. Lastly, on the Banking page, I added a picture and paragraph on 'TD Bank online banking.' Apart from these major additions, I did minor edits on the from the first paragraph till the end of 'video downloading on the end' wherever I found grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, hyphenation, etc. With the above mentioned Wiki work, I think I've had the chance to take the role and understand the tasks of a contributor, page editor, graphics editor, and a content auditor.

No comments:

Post a Comment